Summer Program - Wednesday Twilight - (Series Changes)
|Newton Real Estate - Twilight Series (Overall Competition of four series).|
|Description of Series||Start||Race Dates (2021-2022)|
|SELLING season series||5:30||October
|INVESTMENT series||6:00||November 17th, 24th, December 1st, 8th & 15th.|
|Christmas Holiday break|
|WINDS of REAL ESTATE series||6:00||January 12th, 19th, AustDay, Feb. 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd.|
|POTENTIAL PLUS series||5:30||Mar. 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th.|
Special Rules to be updated as per health orders
- A crew list will be required (as before) and will need the Skipper to confirm that all crew is fully vaccinated and the vaccination certificate has been sighted.
- The COVID19 plan has been updated in line with current heath advice. Read more.
- Restrictions will apply to numbers on the tender.
- Bookings required for after race tables.
- Must wear a mask when moving inside. (approaching the bar, bistro, reception, toilets etc)
- Mask not required when at your table eat/drinking.
- Must remain seated inside the RMYC, can stand outside.
Advice as from 18th October from Australian Sailing (extract) below;
Clubs can run racing, training, coaching and learn to sail activities with the following limits -
- A club can have up to 50 people gathering without a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- A club can have up to 200 people with a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- All participants and staff aged 16+ must be fully vaccinated
- Everyone attending the club must sign in using the NSW Government QR Code and show their proof of vaccination
- Currently the NSW Government is stating that the limit on numbers will be removed from 1st December.
Extract from Wednesday Rules
- The winning boat to record places and give to the Duty Officer.
- The following eligible yachts to pick-up the laid marks. If unable to pick-up mark, arrange another boat to do so. (Note: Possible Dream, Crest and L'attitude exempt from Pick-up.)
- Marks to be returned as notified via SMS from the duty office or the sailing shed .
- Ensure Racing Handbook is available on-board (and read) for Race Instructions.
- Yachts not given their rights must signal with a red flag, in the racing area that she was involved in or saw, she shall hail ‘Protest’ and conspicuously display a red flag at the first reasonable opportunity to give the other boat an opportunity to exonerate their error with a 360 degree turn.
- Please use Race Logger if possible - Ring 0418 253 479 for help with setting up.
- View Available Crew List for crew wishing to sail and help place requests.
Rules for crew on racing yachts (RRS 2021-2023 rule 46)
Australian Sailing prescribes that the person in charge shall be a member of a Club affiliated to Australian Sailing and hold a current Australian Sailing Number (ASN). All crew that sail shall be a member of a Club affiliated to Australian Sailing or have a SailPass.
Once registered, SailPass crew needs updating for each race sailed.
Race logger will start automatically and record your track with time markers.
RL is necessary to record finish time for weekend series and could be useful for protests. For help call 0418 253 479
Duty Officer: John Barter
Presenter: Ken Teiffel
Results: John Barter/Tim Dodds
Crew/ASN: John Barter 0418 253 479
Twilight Dinner Orders
Book tables here. (Link to new RMYC system)
Due to the later returning, skippers and crews are asked to assist the catering by ordering as soon as possible after reaching the club.
Series Winners prize